Sunday 29 March 2015

Planning for Contents Page (photoshoot and ideas)

Location;
Seeing as i have three different photos on my contents page i have three different locations. One of these was at a concert i went to (St Raymond), i wanted this to be on my contents page as it is a genuine photograph from the type of band that my target audience listen to. Also it would show value and look more realistic than if i set it up, it will also attract a target audience as they will see that there are gig reviews in the magazine. Secondly is a picture of my younger sister as an artist- this is to represent diversity within the magazine and too show something different, this will be shot in my house with a white wall for simplicity. The last location i am using is also a white wall with one of my friends as a rock/alternative singer also. I will take photos from a number of different angles to get a variety of shots. The location will play a key part in my photo-shoot as it sets the mood for the photos. So with there being a gig it creates a fun, grungy atmosphere with the lighting/darkness. Whereas the white wall creates simplicity. 

Body Language;
As with the other photo-shoots the body language used by the models will be relatively care free and non-imposing. 
I wanted this posture because it links in with the darker theme of rock and the aura that that specific genre of music creates. The models will either stand with their arms crossed or lean against an object as well as this the camera angles that i will use will be low angle and eye level. I am using low angles to reflect the position of authority and power that the artists have over the reader.

Facial Expressions;
The  models facial expressions will either be blank and serious or smiling/smirking to show a playful side as i don't want it to all be serious. The facial expression used by the model is very important as it helps create the image that I want, which is that of a fun by serious side as well.
.
Weather;
The weather will not play a major part in the photo-shoot as it will take place inside, so i don't have to worry about that. I do however need to consider lighting as inside the gig it will be dark with not much light. 

Other;
The photos will be taken using a Canon 1200D and a Macbook Air to edit them. 


I want my Contents Page to look professional and intriguing but also simple as i don't want it to look tacky. 

That is why  i really like the Q contents page and will most likely take this for inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment