Wednesday 1 April 2015

Evaluation Question 3.

What kind or media institution might distribute your media product and why? 
I think that the IPC would be a good media institution for my music magazine to be distributed with. I think this because some of the other magazines that they currently publish are very popular and up to date. NME is one of the magazines that they publish and is very popular around the country. Although I think that NME has a different target audience, it is however a similar genre to mine. I still think that my magazine would fit nicely with it. IPC only publish one music magazine so adding another on to their collection would benefit them as well as my magazine. The institution distributes lots of well known magazines such as Look magazine. Look magazine is a very up to date fashion magazine which features celebrities that are well known. This is the same style that my magazine has, as i have chosen celebrities that are well known, but relevant to the genre of music my magazine is for. I think that my magazine in would fit in nicely in between these magazines as they are already getting distributed by IPC because i have the same style as the already existing products do and think that if those magazines are very popular mine would be too, i also think it could benefit the institute. It would also add to the collection of music magazines and will set a new standard or style for this section in the magazine business.

A second media institution that I would want to publish my magazine would be Bauer as they are a very big, well known company with lots of magazines that target various segments of the market including some very niche markets such as fishing. They publish products such as magazines, radio stations, TV channels and websites.They are in charge of some very big magazines. Their portfolio features a wide range of different categories which are Women's, Mens Entertainment, Mens Lifestyle, Equine, Gardening, Transport, Football, Golf, Pets, Angling, Motorcycling, Outdoor, Photography, Lifestyle, Ticketing & Charity. Their portfolio covers a very wide range of markets which shows the diversity of the company and means they must be highly successful as they own over 80 magazines. Some of their magazines are read by up to half a million people so it would be a good company to choose to publish my magazine. My magazine would fit into this companies range as it doesn’t have anything like my style of magazine. It would be the only magazine of its style so it’s more likely that they would want to publish my magazine as they haven’t got anything like it already.

Another sort of media institution that might distribute my media product would be a music magazine/ magazine company. A good magazine company to distribute my magazine would be Hearst Magazines, it would be good for them to distribute my magazine because they don’t already sell a music magazine for the genre and target audience I have created therefore they will make lots of money from it. When I did my research on other magazine companies for the research and planning section of my blog I researched the company Hearst Magazines and found out that they are one of the nation’s largest diversified media and information companies and therefore I would benefit from them distributing my magazine as lots of people know about them and they have a wide range of people buying their magazines. Hearst Magazine would benefit from distributing my media product as they don’t already have a magazine like the one I am selling, therefore they would make more money and attract a different group of audience.

Another company that would distribute my product are MusicMags, they distribute all different types of music magazines and my media product is a music magazine therefore this is the right media institution to distribute my magazine. They would benefit from distributing my media product because they don’t sell any music magazines like mine and therefore distributing mine would bring them in a new type of audience as well as the ones they have already from their distributing. I would benefit from letting them distribute my product because they sell many magazines and their annual average is 2.5 times the industry standard, therefore distributing more magazines than any other company.





























No comments:

Post a Comment