Tuesday 3 February 2015

Mock up of front Cover

Here I have made a mock up of the front cover of my music magazine. I have added aspects that I admire and aspects that are popular with other music magazines of this genre. 
I have included key conventions such as; Masthead, Strap Lines, cover model, Cover lines and main coverline, Tag Line, puff and a barcode, issue date and price. This mock up will be what i intend to follow to what will become the front cover. After looking at other Alternative Rock magazine covers such as NME and Kerrang. These magazines have inspired me as the target audience of these magazines have similar age range and i have noticed that they often have very busy but not particularly colourful front covers, i.e NME magazine. They tend to use main, staple colours such as black, red and white. I plan to use similar colours, but perhaps more colourful like electric blue and green. The cover model will be styled like Paramore or Royal blood (notorious bands of the genre) this will be used to allow the target audience to see what type of magazine this is as they will associate with the cover model(s). Furthermore my double page spread and contents page will follow this colour scheme. This has all been influenced by my imaginary entity and target audience as i have studied what they will most likely want in  a magazine and what will attract them to buy it e.g. famous band on the front cover and non-convention front cover colours. Such as grey, blue and black. The font will vary on size and style depending on the importance of each coverline and how much it needs to stand out. Although my magazine will be full i still want it to be tidy, in my mock up i only have one secondary image, however after looking at more magazines of my genre i have realised there is usually only one main image as too focus on that particular band. So i will most likely only have a main cover image. I have also taken inspiration from my imaginary entity so my front cover will be simplistic, without being boring. Influenced by the consideration of my DPS and Contents Page, i want all of them to match. whilst being significant to one another. I want them all to have a particular style, that one could see resonates within my created CP, DPS and my front cover. Furthermore font choices are important as i want mine to be easily recognisable for my genre of music. So big, bold fonts combined with my cover lines being in smaller fonts will hopefully achieve this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment