Tuesday 25 November 2014

School Magazine Photoshoot Planning

For my preliminary task I am going to be producing a school magazine. For my magazine I am going to need a central image as well as a secondary image. I am going to take two sets of photos one for my central image and the other for my secondary image. 

Location
The location of my photo-shoot will be within the school, as my magazine I will want to showcase the school. My secondary image will also be inside the school to show off the schools facilities. The cover model image however will be outside to show the name and the banner for the school.

The cover model
My cover model will be of a student who go's to the school as it will showcase some of the students. My cover model will also be a sixth-form student as this shows longevity of the school life.

Clothes
 My cover model will also be wearing clothes that are relevant and fashionable to today to show that the school is current. They will be smartly dressed to show that the school is respectable.

Facial expressions
Facial expressions will show that the student is happy and pleased to be at the school. My cover model will be smiling and maybe performing a talent such as playing the piano to also show diversity and talent within the school.

Body language/ posture
My cover model's body language will be open and not in a staged stance. I have done this because it will show that the school is a light-hearted, joyous place to be. Also certain stances could be perceived in a certain way. Or misinterpreted so by doing this there won't be risk of this.

Weather
Weather is important as a dark, rainy day could make the photo look miserable, which then might reflect on the magazine and the school itself. So ideally the photo will be taken on  a bright, sunny day to entice readers, and  to make the school look inviting.

Miscellaneous- how you take the photos
I will take the photos from a lower angle to show off the cover model. Also to make the school look more impressive at a lower angle thus accentuating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment